Welcome to Glaslyn Wildlife.
For Osprey Video Clips Click Here
Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife is a Community Interest Company formed to continue the protection of a pair of breeding Ospreys in the Glaslyn Valley.
A pair of Ospreys has been breeding in the Glaslyn Valley since 2004 and the RSPB has been running a viewing centre at Pont Croesor near Porthmadog since 2005.
Over 300,000 people have visited the Viewing Centre at Pont Croesor between 2005 and 2012.
A total of 23 chicks have successfully fledged from the nest since 2005.
In 2012 the RSPB decided to offer the management of the Glaslyn Osprey Project to the local community. In response, a not-for-profit Community Interest Company has been established with the purpose of:
- Endeavouring to ensure the continued success of the breeding Ospreys in the Glaslyn area and its environs.
- Providing the opportunity for the public, schools and education groups to see and learn more about ospreys and wildlife in the Porthmadog area.
- Promoting sustainable tourism and businesses in the area.
- Raising funds for the protection of, and facilities to view, nest sites and wildlife.
- Providing an exciting and informative visitor experience at the Osprey Viewing Centre, Pont Croesor, Prenteg.